
Sometimes I don't know where to start when checking out library books, because there are SO many choices! My goal is to once in a while on this blog, write a review for a good picture book that we've found!
Today I am happy to bring you Rumble Tum, by Stephanie True Peters. As the front cover suggests, the book is full of soft dreamy illustrations, that give you a warm cozy feeling as you read! Even though I got this book out for a preschooler, I think that's one of the reasons my son Jonah is captivated by the kitty in this book! The illustrator also uses light in a special way in many of the pictures.
Rumble Tum is the story of a little girl, Beth, who adopts a kitty and tells him periodically as a refrain in the story, "I just love, love, LOVE you!". The story follows her as she cares for, trains, and enjoys her new kitten, 'til one day little Rumble Tum goes missing. Check out this book to find out if the little farm girl finds her furry purry friend!




No comments:
Post a Comment