Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Healthy Bite...for both of us!




In a renewed effort towards greater frugality,
I am trying to do better using up food in the fridge
especially things like
hummus
and
pita bread
that usually go stale or moldy after a while.


SO,

for lunch today Jonah and I had
Cheesy hummus pitas!


Spread a medium-thick layer of hummus (I used TJ's sweet roasted red pepper hummus)
on the inside of a pita, and sprinkle with cheese (cheddar is our favorite!)

Close the pita, and pop into the toaster oven until heated through and a little crisp on the outside.
Remove from toaster, and place baby spinach leaves inside.
Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Wow-- that looks really good. We'll have to try it sometime; I tend to get stuck in a rut with lunches, so this will be something fun and different.

    (Hannah looked at the second picture and said, "Jo. Mm-mm-mm.")

    ReplyDelete